Can a Dentist Fix Same Day Teeth?
It is crucial to replace your missing teeth for functional and aesthetic reasons. When you lose a tooth, the bone underneath it starts to deteriorate and causes bone loss. Replacing your teeth will help you eat and speak properly and improve the look of your smile.
Getting dental implants near you can provide a long-term solution. However, getting the implants can be long and tedious because it takes a few months to complete. Fortunately, you can reduce the procedure timeline with advanced dental technology and get them in a day– Same-day implants.
What are Same-day Dental Implants?
Same-day dental implants are known as “teeth in a day” or “all-on-four” dental implants. This treatment involves placing four titanium posts into your jawbone to serve as a replacement for your natural teeth roots. The posts are then attached to a full set of artificial teeth, giving you a brand-new smile in just one day.
Do You Need Bone Grafting with Same-Day Implants?
Our dentist in Modesto will examine your bone density and the condition of the gums. It is crucial to have sufficient bone support for the implants to be fixed. If you lack enough bone density, the dentist may recommend a bone graft, which can lengthen the procedure timeline.
However, it is worth noting that the “All-on-Four” technique is one of the most prevalent same-day dental implant procedures. This is when only four dental implants are used to support a complete arch of teeth, and the forces applied to them are directed at the bone. Bone grafting is usually not required with this method of placement of dental implants.
How Do the Same-day Teeth Work?
The same-day teeth work similarly to the traditional implants in that they are surgically fixed on the jaw bone. The procedure is also similar, but it is reduced and is done in a day.
You will need a pre-session to determine if the same-day teeth are ideal for you before the dentist fixes the implants.
The dentist will surgically fix the implants on the jaw bone and place the abutment. A dental machine creates dental crowns to complete the treatment process.
What are The Benefits of Getting Same-day Teeth?
Same-day implants have many benefits, including:
- They have reduced treatment time. With traditional dental implants, you have to wait a few months for the implants to fuse with your jawbone before the artificial teeth can be attached. However, the implant and artificial teeth can be placed in a single appointment with same-day implants.
- They have reduced surgical procedures. Same-day implants also require fewer surgical procedures than traditional implants, which means less time in the dentist’s chair and a quicker overall treatment time.
- Immediate results. One of the biggest benefits of same-day implants is that you can walk out of the dentist’s office with a brand new smile. With traditional implants, you have to wait months for the final results.
What Are the Cons of Same-day Implants?
Same-day implants also have some disadvantages, including:
- Same-day implants are usually more expensive than traditional implants because they require more specialized training and equipment.
- Same-day implants are still relatively new, and not all dentists offer them. You may have to travel to find a dentist who can provide this service.
- More risk of complications: Same-day implants carry a slightly higher risk of complications than traditional implants, although the risks are still relatively low.
Remember, getting same-day teeth in Modesto is not a shortcut that bypasses the bone-to-implant integration process. This must still occur and cannot be rushed because the body needs time to generate new bone cells. This might last for 6 to 8 weeks after surgery.
Most of the time, restorative dental implants inserted straight after surgery are only temporary and will need to be replaced later. After the integration is completed, they may be swapped with more permanent implant-supported restorations. These early restorations, frequently manufactured before surgery, aren’t as attractive as the final restorations.
Schedule an Appointment
Visit 123 iSmile for more information about the same-day teeth and if they are an ideal option.